Translate

Saturday, January 9, 2016

New Year Resolutions, Anyone?

Welcome to 2016, everyone!

I wish you a year filled with wonderful musical collaborations and excellent reeds.
First,  I want to celebrate the fact that Oboe For Everyone has been able to place over 125 oboe students to great teachers!  Hurrah!

Now,  onwards and upwards!  This year I'm planning another "Reed Bootcamp" (more on that later),  I will begin offering a 3-lesson series of online lessons to interested oboists (all ages and levels are welcome!), and am looking forward a recording project of chamber music by Bach,  a concerto performance with the Eau Claire Chamber Orchestra, and much, much more.

My question to you:  What new year oboe resolutions have you made (and still  kept)?  What are you looking forward to in this upcoming year?  What suggestions do you have for blog topics or youtube videos that I can create for you?

Gotta get practicing,  but Happy New Year, everyone!


Oboe and out,

The Oboist






3 comments:

  1. will the workshop be in eau claire?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, the workshop will be in Eau Claire, WI. Can you come?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 2016 oboe resolution is to develop a thorough basis for playing... I just started playing this month! I've also found your videos quite helpful, esp the embouchure...

    ReplyDelete