Translate

Friday, March 25, 2016

More details on the Summer Double Reed Camp July 18-22, 2016!

Hi All-

It's tough to express in words how EXCITED I AM to meet you and work with you at the University of Wisconsin Eau Claire Summer Double Reed Camp July 18-22nd!

I'm putting together a REALLY IMPRESSIVE lineup of guest presenters/reedmakers/performers/teachers and I'll have more to report later. For now,  check out the link


HERE




that takes you to my website to register, fill out our form that will help us tailor the camp to your goals, and read more info on the camp/travel info, etc.

Send me an email at garveycn@uwec.edu if you have specific questions that we can help you with.

How great is that??

See you soon!


Oboe and out,

The Oboist




5 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm a middle school oboe student, and this is my second year playing the oboe. Something I've recently encountered quite often and have never before in my past year is a faults f on my high f. I've been told that its a common problem and to use more support, but no matter what, it just doesn't go away. I've noticed that it doesn't happen on brand new reeds, but after about a week, it starts happening on that new reed as well. I have read several of your blog posts in the past (and they helped a lot, thanks so much!) so I was wondering if you had any tips for me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Do you mean a "false" or wobbly F? If so, I think this is a reed issue. Likely, there is too much cane out of the back of the reed (just near the heart). If you don't make reeds, then this won't mean much, but I'd suggest trying a different brand of reeds and see if that helps. Let me know if that helps! AND, consider coming to the UWEC Double Reed Camp--we'd without a doubt fix those issues and get you on a path to really great playing! (see www.OboeForEveryone.com for the link to register for the camp/read more information).

      -Christa

      Delete
  2. Valuable site, where did u come up with the information in this posting? I am pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what new content pieces u have.
    Summer Camps for Adults

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any chance you'll be hosting this kind of camp again in 2017? Just over the border in Minneapolis and I'd love to have an opportunity like this to improve my playing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! June 25-30, 2017!! The camp will be back and better than ever. Email me at garveycn (at) Uwec.edu for more info. I hope to see you there!

      Delete