Translate

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Got Spotify?

Have you checked out Spotify yet? 


 There's a lot of great stuff on the web,  but Spotify may be one of the best for musicians and music lovers.  Spotify is an application that allows you to listen to countless pieces of music on your computer.  You can search for a specific artist or composer/piece to listen.  All music genres are included. For free.  Really,  it's FREE.  Did you hear me? I said FREE!  There is often a short commercial after a piece/movement,  but that's a small price to pay for so much free music.  If you don't want the commercials or want Spotify access for your phone or iPad, etc you can pay a small fee to have that service.  In the meantime,  enjoy the vastness and freeness of the regular Spotify account.


The catch is that you need to have a Facebook account to use Spotify.  If Facebook scares you,  just set up a Facebook account then never check it (my brother and husband are quite good at this).  Then go to
http://www.spotify.com to set things up.

Having Spotify has really transformed the amount of pieces that I listen to every day.

For instance,  here's a view into some of the works I've enjoyed over the course of the week














I'll be sending a look into what I'm listening to each week.  In the meantime,  I hope you'll share with me some of the pieces/artists that inspire you! Happy listening!

FYI,  a post on teaching your young students how to play dynamics on the oboe will be out by Monday.   Until then.....

Oboe and out,

The Oboist

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I too love Spotify. I have been listening to Albrecht Mayer, the first oboeist with the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra. His arrangements are fantastic; I particularly like Fauré's Pavane (arr. for oboe and piano) The record is on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0XEPwp4-5OU0fNi-1tl0mesKsNoE1PVZ

    ReplyDelete